"At one stage I had tingles. It was awesome.
I haven't had that 'zinging' feeling all year - but I did today."
- Stephen Ivey, Level 5 Principal, Highgate Primary School
Social, Emotional, Relational Leadership
What an absolute ripper opening to the Webinar Series! The timing couldn’t have been better for Western Australian leaders.
Kristen is a dynamo. No wonder she consults all over the world. She lives and breathes her message, often citing this work she is doing with her team.
Some highlights from the hour presentation
- Culture eats strategy for breakfast!
- Good leaders make you feel safe
- When you feel safe you trust and have an authentic connection
- Uncertainty destabilises safety
- Don’t let perfection get in the way of progress
- Leadership teams should explicitly undertake activities and strategies to strengthen staff connection
- Check your head noise – are you still deeply listening to your staff?
- The principal must be the strong captain of the ship
- The leadership team should all be visible leaders who are calm and confident
- Calm and strong leaders reduce chaos
- In amongst everything try to inject fun and humour
- Remember staff, student, and parent well-being
- In a space of high communication, try to narrow your eyes and focus on today, then this week
- Above all, keep students connected and engaged
And what about you?
Have you connected with your network, collegial group?
Are you finding a quiet place and checking in on yourself every day?
Are you OK?
The series continues tomorrow morning with Andy Hargreaves!
Andy will be discussing Wellbeing in Schools: Three forces that will uplift our students in a volatile world.
If you haven't already registered, each session can be purchased separately. Don't miss out on hearing from Andy, Pasi and Tracy!