“There is no STEM without G & M”. This one day workshop will help leaders better relate between the Geometry and Measurement Strands of The West Australian Mathematics Curriculum to STEM. Many students can ‘play’ with robots without the links to Geometry and Measurement becoming apparent. Explicit Links between tasks need to be made clear. Note this course is NOT about coding or Robotics although both will be referred to during the course.
Who will benefit:
Principals, Deputy Principals, leadership teams, school leaders, curriculum leaders and teachers (Yr 2 +)
- Participants will be provided with a range of planning tools – many linked to First Steps materials that will assist in planning for a consistent approach across the school.
- The role of Spatial Visualisation will be explained in terms of Geometric Reasoning Tasks
- Links to Science Technology and Engineering from a Mathematics perspective (METS) will be shared.
- Simple materials will be used to illustrate key concepts
Participants will be able to:
- Examine the Geometry and Measurement programs being offered in the schools to determine whether they are superficial or rigorous.
Thank you for your interest in attending this event. Please be aware that online registrations for this event have now closed.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list or would like further information about this event, please contact us