This two-day workshop will help leaders lay the foundation for a coherent “Literacy of Numeracy Program”. Clearly many students who struggle with problem solving, including bright students fail to comprehend what is required to solve problems, particularly word problems. Participants will be provided with a framework for developing problem solving across the school. A tool for improving mathematical literacy will be shared and leaders will be shown how to modify or create their own tool that may be used across the school.
Who will benefit:
Principals, deputy principals, senior leadership teams, school leaders and curriculum leaders will benefit from attending this workshop. It is recommended that you attend as a team.
- Participants will examine the Understanding Problem Solving and Reasoning Proficiency Strands of the Mathematics Curriculum with reference to the role language plays.
- An overall problem-solving approach will be explained
- The three literacies associated with mathematics will be explained
- An approach to developing literacy (specifically Vocabulary) will be explained
- Techniques for improving comprehension of mathematics problems will be explained. (Note while the Bar Model – ‘Singapore Maths’ will be discussed among others this course in NOT about the bar model).
Participants will be able to:
- Develop their own school approach to Problem Solving based on the context of their school
- Implement a Literacy of Numeracy Plan
Thank you for your interest in attending this event. Please be aware that online registrations for this event have now closed.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list or would like further information about this event, please contact us