iStar is a progressive pedagogy offering a common language of learning across your school.
It can be utilised as a simple lesson design to align common lesson elements, or as a visible learning strategy to share with students and colleagues. It is a connected teaching and learning model that can move across school communities.
The iStar acronym:
iStar has been researched and developed to support whole-school effectiveness, with a focus on teaching, learning and improved outcomes for all students. iStar is designed to encourage a disciplined discourse around the impact of teaching on learning. The iStar mind frame for connected practices works on the following three levels:
- Securing connected practices for learning within classrooms
- Moderating and strengthening connected practices for learning between classrooms
- Leading and deepening connected practices for learning across classrooms - a whole school perspective.
In this workshop participants will learn:
- What iStar is and how it is used.
- How iStar works in classrooms across whole schools.
- The benefits of iStar for teachers, students, leaders and the school community.
- How to access iStar support for your school.