iStar is a progressive pedagogy offering a common language of learning across your school.
It can be utilised as a simple lesson design to align common lesson elements, or as a visible learning strategy to share with students and colleagues. It is a connected teaching and learning model that can move across school communities.
Who will benefit:
Principals, Deputy Principals, senior leadership teams, teachers, school leaders and curriculum leaders.
iStar has been researched and developed to support whole-school effectiveness, with a focus on teaching, learning and improved outcomes for all students. iStar is designed to encourage a disciplined discourse around the impact of teaching on learning. The iStar mind frame for connected practices works on the following three levels:
- Securing connected practices for learning within classrooms
- Moderating and strengthening connected practices for learning between classrooms
- Leading and deepening connected practices for learning across classrooms – a whole school perspective
In this workshop participants will learn:
- What iStar is and how it is used.
- How iStar works in classrooms across whole schools.
- The benefits of iStar for teachers, students, leaders and the school community.
- How to access iStar support for your school.
WAPPA is now specifically tailoring this program for regional Western Australia. Days, times, dates and locations can be designed to fit networks, school teams, collegiate groups or similar.