Review the content and resources for a framework for school leaders to develop a Whole School Literacy Plan. The plan will focus on improved literacy practices for teachers, with the aim of leading and impacting teacher efficacy in whole school literacy planning and delivery.
Who will benefit:
Principals, Deputy Principals, senior leadership teams, school leaders and curriculum leaders. It is recommended that teams attend together to utilise the time given to develop a plan.
- Data disaggregation that focuses planning
- Where to in the first 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years
- Dealing with the implementation dip
- Creating collective efficacy
- Review current research regarding best practice in the English Learning Area
- Overview iStar as a connected practice model for lesson delivery and the key content to include in a whole school plan.
- Examine the key questions that need to be asked to undertake discussions with staff around Whole School Literacy Planning
- View examples of a Literacy block structure within a school.
- Have the opportunity to develop an action plan utilising the day’s information
WAPPA is now specifically tailoring this program for regional Western Australia. Days, times, dates and locations can be designed to fit networks, school teams, collegiate groups or similar.