School leadership as a lever for improving student outcomes means that today’s leaders must be very clear on which practices do and do not lead to school improvement. As a school leader, knowing why something is important, knowing what to do about it, knowing how to do it, and knowing when to do it are key questions to ask around assessment.
There is clear evidence that assessment for learning raises student achievement. Improving leadership knowledge and skill is a strategy directly aimed at raising student achievement.
Who will benefit:
Principals, Deputy Principals, senior leadership teams, school leaders and curriculum leaders.
- Be provided with assessment auditing tools and questions to reflection on their school’s collection of data.
- View the Brightpath software, research and resources to lead their school using brightpath
- Participants will review WAPPA’s position paper on what evidence and research says about assessment practices.
Participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding about current research regarding best practice relating to assessment.
- Identify key questions to undertake discussions with staff around whole school assessment planning along with examples.
- Develop an assessment for learning action plan for your school.
- Use Brightpath data to plan for the future.
WAPPA is now specifically tailoring this program for regional Western Australia. Days, times, dates and locations can be designed to fit networks, school teams, collegiate groups or similar.
Thank you for your interest in attending this event. Please be aware that online registrations for this event have now closed.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list or would like further information about this event, please contact us