Former Google Chief Executive Officer, Eric Schmidt says
the best advice he ever got was to get a coach.
Leading a Coaching Culture Objectives
WAPPA's aim is to build a culture where every member is a coach; every member has a coach.
The objective of Leading a Coaching Culture is to provide every member the opportunity to become a WAPPA endorsed coach and to allow every member access to a WAPPA endorsed coach.
Leading a Coaching Culture Principles
- Coaching is core business of the profession.
- Capacity building should be undertaken by the profession, for the profession.
- Succession planning is vital for a healthy education community.
- Professional learning communities support and build capacity.
- Collaborative support nourishes collaborative development.
Becoming a WAPPA Endorsed Coach
WAPPA members are invited to become an endorsed coach.
To become a WAPPA endorsed coach, an individual must have completed an approved coaching program. They will then be required to attend a WAPPA half-day workshop and sign a confidentiality agreement.
The endorsed member will be allocated a coachee for a period of time.
Please visit the Seminars and Workshops page for upcoming coaching workshops.
Being Coached by a WAPPA Endorsed Coach
Ordinary members are encouraged to take the opportunity to be paired with an endorsed coach. There is no cost to participating in this program.