This two day workshop will help leaders lay the foundation for a coherent “Basic Number Facts Program” to run across the school. Participants will be provided with a Milestones Document linking Year levels and West Australian Curriculum Content to the teaching of basic number facts. A three step approach: Teach, Practise, Apply will be outlined to ensure that students are taught basic number facts.
Who will benefit:
Principals, Deputy Principals, leadership teams, school leaders, curriculum leaders and teachers (Yr 1 - 4 +)
- Participants will explore two Milestones: Addition and Subtraction: Basic Facts and Multiplication and Division Basic Facts
- An overall Whole School Approach to learning the basic Number Facts will be explained
- A booklet of Assessment Options will be provided.
- Options for Differentiation will be explored, ie supporting struggling learners and extending those students who have already mastered the basic number facts.
Participants will be able to:
- Develop their own school approach, based on individual school context, to Teaching, Practising and Applying Basic Number Facts.
Thank you for your interest in attending this event. Please be aware that online registrations for this event have now closed.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list or would like further information about this event, please contact us