“It is the conversations that we don’t have, that cause the biggest problems.”
While no single conversation is guaranteed to change the trajectory of a career, school, relationship or life – Any conversation can and quite often it is the conversations that we don't have that cause the biggest problems.
This program will help you to have conversations and meetings that tie directly to your school's purpose and enrich relationships.
We understand the difficulties that today's school leaders face. Our relationships are critical, and we believe that conversations are the relationship. If you don’t have the conversation you don’t have the relationship and if you want to be a great leader you will need followers who believe, trust and respect you because of the conversations you have with then.
This program will give you strategies to confront the major challenges in your school - one conversation at a time. Fierce Conversations is an essential learning program for every school leader.
Who will benefit:
Principals, deputy principals, Team Leaders and managers of corporate services will benefit from attending this workshop.
- The Team Model - A proven approach that will shatter silos, increase collaboration and boost buy-in across your school.
- The Coaching Model - A powerful, deep-dive conversation used in one-to-one coaching conversations, this model is also used by teams tasked with identifying "big ideas" and by those in leadership roles
- The Delegation Model - Use this simple, innovative approach to delegation to ensure that individuals’ performance and development paths are clear and that they are on track to accomplish their goals.
- The Confrontation Model - A framework that effectively addresses attitudinal, behavioural or performance issues with a colleague, a team or a challenging parent or student.
In this program participants will learn to:
- Confront tough issues with confidence and skill.
- Overcome barriers to meaningful conversations.
- Handle strong emotions − your own as well as others’.
- Provide regular and welcome feedback.
- Create an open and respectful atmosphere in which sharing is safe and learning is exciting.
- Increase clarity, improve accountability and provide impetus for action and/or change.
- Ensure that individuals know where they have authority to make decisions and act.
- Consciously develop leaders within the school, providing school administrators the path to take on their instructional leadership responsibilities.
- Create a culture of accountability, so that everyone in the organisation accepts full responsibility for his or her actions.
- Fierce Conversations Book by Susan Scott
- Fierce Conversations Workshop Manual
- Fierce Conversations Desk Top Flip chart
WAPPA is now specifically tailoring this program for regional Western Australia. Days, times, dates and locations can be designed to fit networks, school teams, collegiate groups or similar.