The simplest definition of a Fierce Conversation is one in which we come out from behind ourselves, into the conversation, and make it real. While many fear real, it is the unreal conversations that ought to concern.
Once you’ve tasted this elusive thing called candour, served up with intelligence, passion and skill all possibilities will be expanded and, when sustained, will revolutionise your school's culture.
Fierce provides participants with an intellectually and emotionally compelling context concerning the role and impact of conversations in their lives.
Who will benefit:
Principals, deputy principals and managers of corporate services will benefit from attending this workshop.
- The Team Model - A proven approach that will shatter silos, increase collaboration and boost buy-in across your school.
- The Coaching Model - A powerful, deep-dive conversation used in one-to-one coaching conversations, this model is also used by teams tasked with identifying "big ideas" and by those in leadership roles
- The Delegation Model - Use this simple, innovative approach to delegation to ensure that individuals’ performance and development paths are clear and that they are on track to accomplish their goals.
- The Confrontation Model - A framework that effectively addresses attitudinal, behavioural or performance issues with a colleague, a team or a challenging parent or student.
In this program participants will learn to:
- Confront tough issues with confidence and skill.
- Overcome barriers to meaningful conversations.
- Handle strong emotions − your own as well as others’.
- Provide regular and welcome feedback.
- Create an open and respectful atmosphere in which sharing is safe and learning is exciting.
- Increase clarity, improve accountability and provide impetus for action and/or change.
- Ensure that individuals know where they have authority to make decisions and act.
- Consciously develop leaders within the school, providing school administrators the path to take on their instructional leadership responsibilities.
- Create a culture of accountability, so that everyone in the organisation accepts full responsibility for his or her actions.
Thank you for your interest in attending this event. Please be aware that online registrations for this event have now closed.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list or would like further information about this event, please contact us