Transitions of any kind are major challenges, however, the transition from teacher to Deputy Principal is more complex than most. It requires a high level of preparation regarding mindset, skills, knowledge, relationships and organisation. A well planned transition has the potential to bring early success, and the key to success is having a plan. This workshop will address the key research on role transiton and will give participants a clear perspective of what they need to do, demonstrate, understand and develop before they make the leap.
- Examine the role of the Deputy Principal.
- Explore the research and theory about role transition.
- Develop an understanding of the leadership and management skills required for the role.
- Consider the differences between current role and the role of Deputy.
- Identify the skills, knowledge and experience that will enable you to be competitive.
- Begin a planning process for making a successful transition to the role Deputy Principal.
Aspirant Leaders, High Potential Teachers & Lead Teachers