The transition from Deputy Principal to Principal stands as one of the most complex and challenging transitions for leaders. It can also be one of the most rewarding!
Having an opportunity to collectively review research and develop a plan are important steps in ensuring success. Whether you are on the move, have recently transitioned or would like a plan to transition, this workshop will provide you with valuable advice on the transition from Deputy Principal to Principal.
This workshop will address the transition challenges in the context of the AITSL Principal Standards and give participants a clear perspective of what they need to do and what they need to demonstrate, understand and develop before they make the leap.
Who will benefit:
Deputy/Associate Principals and Heads of Department.
- Panel session with Principals who have recently made the Leap
- The Spheres of Influence
- Leadership vs. Management
- Key Descriptors of the Principal role
- Examine the AITSL Principal Professional Standards
- Complete and reflect on their own AISTL Profile
- Gap Analysis - Identify, understand and plan for strengths and gaps
- Setting SMART goals
- Applying for the Principalship – Keys to making a successful application
- Writing a strong written application
- The Interview
Leaders will learn how to:
- Review the AITSL Principal Standards against their current role.
- Understand the research and theory about role transition
- Collaboratively develop key descriptors for the various dimensions of your next role
- Develop an action plan to build the skills and knowledge to make the leap.
- Be better prepared for making a successful transition to the role of Principal.
- Begin a planning process for making a successful transition to the role Deputy Principal.