Who we are
The Western Australian Primary Principals' Association (WAPPA) is the professional association for leaders and aspiring leaders of primary school education across Western Australia.
Our aim is to be the influential voice and respected authority for public education, providing strategies for school leadership and advocacy for the profession by the profession.
Our objective is to be the professional association of choice for primary school leaders with a genuine commitment to relevance, inclusivity, transparency, wellbeing and clear channels of communication.
What we do
Our vision is shaping the future of education through effective, progressive leadership. We recognise excellence and aim to inspire and be inspired by our members.
- We support our members with services designed to ensure that no matter what you need or when you need it, we will be there to help you.
- We provide advocacy on behalf of our members individually, as well as for the primary school leadership profession with the aim to influence change and work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- We facilitate events, conferences and workshops designed to invigorate your leadership and extend your thinking.
- We provide high-quality professional learning opportunities. With multiple delivery options, we will bring you the most flexible learning available.
- We recognise the professional achievements of our members.
WAPPA membership is open to primary school leaders and aspiring teachers. Members are given the opportunity to share resources and advice, build professional networks and collaborate on initiatives to enhance educational outcomes for their students.
No matter where you are on your school leadership journey, WAPPA can help you.
We are working to build a stronger inclusive membership, with effective connection, ensuring purpose and relevance in everything we do for our members and the profession.